Categories: The Cross Hatch Dispatch
[Above, the world read some comics. Below, only you read the Dispatch.]
- Thanks again, always, for reading comics in public.
- How did you honor Jack Kirby’s birthday?
- There is an art auction for Dylan Williams going on.
- Lynn Johnston recalls some memories of Charles Schulz.
- “When Ferzat was found by passersby on the capital’s airport road, his hands were the most badly injured, in a seeming attempt to silence his pen.”
- EVERYONE can go vote for who will be the next Lutefisk Sushi box set featured artist! Polling ends on September 1st.
- Flooding in White River Junction.
- The 2011 SPX badges by Matthew Thurber are awesome!
- This week’s featured MIX exhibitor on MPLS.TV is Sam Hiti!
- I will be in Portland and Seattle on Thursday – Monday this week. What are the most fun things to do in either place? Tell me, please. I will be traveling with scientists. @ me if you want to meet for drinks and listen to them talk about methods and stuff. Except some of them will be computer scientists, one is a chemist, and I will only be posing as a library scientist so…just @ me if you want to participate in a very bad “walks into a bar” joke.
- Wow, Tom Neely really should draw Popeye.
- SPX COLLECTION AT THE LIBRARY OF CONGRESS, YOU GUYS!
- SPX! Thank you. What a lovely idea.
- What the what? Wacom, you so crazy.
- San Fransisco Zine Fest this weekend!
Submit a news item for the Dispatch via email: crosshatchdispatch [at] gmail [dot] com. Use “Dispatch” in the subject line, if you would be so kind. Or add us to your mailing lists. You heard me.
– Sarah Morean