Categories: The Cross Hatch Dispatch
[Above, some surprisingly clean jokes are told at the Jim Woodring pen demonstration. Below, you kiss your mother with that Dispatch?]
- Videos taken at the Jim Woodring pen demonstration at the Walker, sponsored by Rain Taxi review of books, have been added to the Rain Taxi YouTube channel. Go be amazed.
- Rick Parker has always just wanted to make you laugh. What a sweetheart.
- In case you wanted to know how this all happened, Cross Hatch editor Brian Heater has revealed the formula for his geekiness on Engadget.
- Congratulations to Mike Dawson and Alex Robinson on the 100th episode of The Ink Panthers Show podcast!
- Oh? What’s that you say? Mike Dawson is also the featured MIX exhibitor on MPLS.TV this week? This man is blowing UP.
- The New York Comic Jam is having a party to celebrate its 10th year of jamming. Help them celebrate this Saturday, August 6th, at Jack Demsey’s Pub.
- Hope you saw the CulturePOP Photocomix Tribute to “Our Man” Harvey Pekar by Seth Kushner, edited by Jeff Newelt and Dean Haspiel, that came out in July for the one-year anniversary of Harvey’s death.
- Congratulations to Jeffrey Lewis, whose illustrated song “Sitting Bull” is an honoree in the category of “best writing” for the 2011 Webby Awards.
- Remember a long ago review of Burning Building Comics which appeared right here on this site? Well, now you can help kickstart the printing of Jeff Zwirek’s AWESOME collected series!
- Read Comics in Public Day is happening on Sunday, August 28th.
- Have anything planned for RCiPD? Let us know so we can list the meet-ups and events.
- Want some help promoting RCiPD in your neighborhood? You can still find, download and print the library and comic shop themed posters on the RCiPD website.
- Bleeding Cool has audio available from 15 San Diego Comic Con panels plus the Eisners up on their website. You weren’t planning on doing anything else today, were you?
- Hope you can make it to the Just Add Ink release party on Friday at Altered Esthetics gallery in Minneapolis. If you do, I’ll share with you my recipe for “cheap keg beer from the bar.” The secret ingredient is $3.
Submit a news item for the Dispatch via email: crosshatchdispatch [at] gmail [dot] com. Use “Dispatch” in the subject line, if you would be so kind. Or add us to your mailing lists. You heard me.
– Sarah Morean