Categories: The Cross Hatch Dispatch
[Above, we learn that some books with very little action are incredibly labor-intensive. Below, the action-packed Dispatch is surprisingly lazy.]
- This retired political cartoonist living on Central Park West makes us all realize we’re living life wrong.
- Lars Martinson’s Going Away Sale for Tonoharu books 1 and 2 ends tomorrow!
- Happy to distribute the work of making minicomics? Don’t forget about the fresh new small-scale production house by Robyn Chapman, Paper Rocket minicomics.
- We’re all going to miss MOME a big whole bunch. Poo on this arbitrary rule of 22. I thought all the big ones blazed out at 27 anyhow? SIGHHHHHH…
- You can still join the wait list to exhibit at the 2nd annual MIX! And oh, how I wish you would. Curators have just 1.5 months remaining to fill their spaces, then it’s open to the wait list!
- MPLS.TV will spotlight one MIX exhibitor per week from now until the show happens on November 5-6, 2011. Check back to their Comics section for new and featured material each Monday – Friday. This week’s featured guest: Brittney Sabo.
- Noah Van Sciver is currently in a race to finish his Lincoln graphic novel The Hypo before Steven Spielberg can release his film Lincoln. Are you Noah’s favorite publisher? Maybe you can help.
- I need some cartoonists to contribute to The Soap Factory’s $99 Sale. Can you help? Let me know: email@example.com
- Happy Birthday, Alex Cox!
- You can contribute to the blog Better, Drawn, created by former guest strip artist Simon M., which features “comics drawn by people with a story to tell about living with long-term mental and physical illnesses.”
- The Chainsaw Comics anthology deadline has been extended to July 31st.
- “The Town of Hartford and The Center for Cartoon Studies (CCS) will be awarded a $255,000 Vermont Community Development Program Implementation Grant to launch the Inky Solomon Center, a state-of-the-art industry center designed to help CCS alumni launch projects, incubate start-up companies and create jobs.” (via press release) Neat! Congratulations, folks!
Submit a news item for the Dispatch via email: crosshatchdispatch [at] gmail [dot] com. Use “Dispatch” in the subject line, if you would be so kind. Or add us to your mailing lists. You heard me.
- Sarah Morean