Categories: The Cross Hatch Dispatch
[Above, Vanessa Davis welcomes you, baby. Below, more news to sweeten up your dispatchition.]
- I can’t look away from this Baby Shower Donut Tower made by Vanessa Davis for a very lucky friend, can you?
- Evidently a museum curator spends her free time “preserving the memory of romance comic books and the creative teams that published them throughout the 1960s and 1970s” with a blog called Sequential Crush. Really! Let these pages inspire your next summer love.
- Bob Fingerman and Keith Mayerson will do a reading on Thursday at Book Court in Brooklyn.
- New issue of Papercutter you guys!!! You guys? New issue! Good line-up too: Joey Alison Sayers, Liz Prince and Alexis Frederick-Frost.
- Why are there still any Death Ray dolls available? What is wrong with you? Your wallet is too heavy. It should be lighter. $105 lighter.
- Do you want to volunteer at or sponsor the Minneapolis Indie Xpo? You can! It will be fun. There will be prizes.
- I think it’s pretty interesting that Alec Longstreth still has a really long beard and Gary Weddle does not. Someone should take the complete Basewood and make a huge paper beard out of it someday and wear it to parties. If you don’t, I will.
- Box Brown needs help kick-starting a new publishing project called “Retrofit Comics” and you can help!
Submit a news item for the Dispatch via email: crosshatchdispatch [at] gmail [dot] com. Use “Dispatch” in the subject line, if you would be so kind. Or add us to your mailing lists. You heard me.
– Sarah Morean