The Daily Cross Hatch 5.31.10

Categories:  The Cross Hatch Dispatch
ccsboobs1
[Above, those CCS kids are a bunch of boobs.]
  • Feminist Frequency has applied the Bechdel Test to a slew of contemporary films, reiterating the importance of this litmus test as a way of indicating real female presence on screen. The Bechdel Test originated in Alison Bechdel’s Dykes to Watch Out For in 1985.
  • Pooch Café creator Paul Gilligan is taking fans back to the very beginning for the story he’s never told: The Origin of Poncho! The “Year One” story will take over the daily strip for the next five to six months—maybe longer!
  • On June 29, writer Alan Goldsher and artist Jeffrey Brown will present their new book, Paul Is Undead: The British Zombie Invasion, at Quimby’s in Chicago.
  • One night not long ago, a group of CCS students got together and drew a bunch of dirty boob drawings in a vulgar parody of Caboose, the student newspaper. Those boob drawings are now online.
  • The monthly Minneapolis Cartoonist Conspiracy Jam is this Thursday at Diamond’s Coffee Shoppe.
  • Heroes Con is this weekend, June 4-6, in Charlotte, North Carolina.
  • Keith Knight will be presenting a slideshow and signing his comics this Thursday, June 3, at the Malden Public Library, in his hometown of Malden, MA.
  • Becky Cloonan, Kieron Gillen, and Jamie McKelvie will be signing their books at Gosh! Comics in London on Saturday June 5, 2:00-4:00pm.

-Athena Currier