24-Hour Comics Day 2009 : Minneapolis

Categories:  Features

I made a little documentary for you readers about the 2009 24-Hour Comics Day festivities in Minneapolis.

24-Hour Comics Day in Minneapolis : October 3-4, 2009 from Sarah Morean on Vimeo.

Here are some other videos about the 2009 24-Hour Comics Day from around the world:
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Chicago, Illinois 1
Chicago, Illinois 2
Athens, Greece
El Paso, Texas
Anchorage, Alaska
Muhos, Finland
Los Angeles, California

– Sarah Morean

14 Comments to “24-Hour Comics Day 2009 : Minneapolis”

1. Doc Pop | October 13th, 2009 at 6:23 pm

Great video. Thanks for staying up so long to make it.

2. smorean | October 13th, 2009 at 6:41 pm

Thank you for putting 24HCD photos on flickr with a creative commons license! I assume there is only one Doctor Popular.

3. Ryan Dow | October 13th, 2009 at 7:35 pm

Nice to know the person sitting across from me at 24-hr comic day had H1N1.

It’s a wonder I’m still alive.

4. Ryan Dow | October 13th, 2009 at 7:44 pm

Great video, though. 🙂

5. Sarah Morean | October 13th, 2009 at 11:41 pm

Ha! Thanks.

I didn’t really have symptoms though until Sunday. By then you were already gone! So that’s one benefit of finishing early.

6. danno | October 14th, 2009 at 7:14 am

I’m confused as to how one of the highlights of the event was me leaving. What are trying to say Morean?! 🙂

7. Sarah Morean | October 14th, 2009 at 8:49 am

Ha! Just that there were 4 — but nearly 5 — people at the end of 24-Hour Comics Day that the whole event didn’t seem to demolish.

At least, that’s the surface meaning. Beneath that lies a terrible grudge. I’m sure you understand.

8. Daniel Olson | October 14th, 2009 at 10:47 am

Good stuff Sarah! Sorry to hear about the swine flu. Apparently, I had it too a few weeks before that.

9. danno | October 14th, 2009 at 4:59 pm

Whats funny is this is the first year I didn’t force myself to be the person to “lock up” as it were. Oh, and I hold a huge grudge with myself as well, so understood!

10. Carlos Merino | October 22nd, 2009 at 7:53 pm

Thank you for this so well documented video Sarah. I’m just sorry to have broken the rhythm of it. 😀

I’ve learned other aspects of the event I didn’t appreciate when you are so absorbed by your own comic. Good job.

PD- I’m glad that you feel OK now.

11. CONSPIRE! » Mpls/Stpl 24 Hour Comic Day 2009 documentry by Sarah Morean
  12. Journalista – the news weblog of The Comics Journal » Blog Archive » Oct. 14, 2009: One big mush of fun
  13. SUPERMARKET VIGILANTE–24 Hour Comic 2009–pg 11(of 24), also: Sarah Morean’s documentry on 24 Hour Comic Day, and a pin-up by Vas Littlecrow « staplegenius.com(ics)
  14. The Webcomic Beacon | Beacon Newsflash – October 17, 2009