Jul 20, 2009
Categories: The Cross Hatch Dispatch
[Above, Adam Cadwell is a smooth criminal. Below, the Dispatch in the mirror.]
- For the poor souls in Ohio who can’t make it to Comic Con: You have Pulpfest in Columbus to console you all weekend.
- Fantagraphics has been kind enough to put up a preview of Tony “Millionaire” Stark’s contribution to Marvel’s upcoming Strange Tales.
- Did You Know: One of the guys who made the original superman was also really into making fetish comics. Now those comics might become a movie!
- Mediaite has come up with a list of “Five Great Comic Book Journalists.” (Unfortunately, Kurt Severing did not make the list.)
- Tonight, from 6:00-9:00! At “Vault of Midnight” in Ann Arbor, MI, there’s a launch party for T-Minus by Jim “Science Is Cool” Ottaviani.
- Artist Veronica Hebarb shares some of her lovely illustrations on her blog. This Tuesday from 7:00 to 8:00, she’ll be speaking with collaborators Andy Fish, Allison Bamford, and Lindsay Small about their new show “Atomic Hearts” at Space 242 in Boston.
- Meanwhile, superhero artist Jim Lee has a gallery opening this Thursday from 7:00-9:00 at the Chuck Jones Gallery in San Diego.
- The good people at Loose Teeth Press have compiled a set of five zombie-related “a softer world” prints that are available for only one more week.
- Didn’t somebody pretty famous die recently? In case you missed it in the news, here are five cartoonist’s tributes to Michael: Lucy Knisley, Adam Cadwell, Sally Bloodbath, Dorothy Gambrell, and John Campbell.