Jan 28, 2009
Categories: The Cross Hatch Dispatch
[Above, Eleanor Davis gets Stinky. Below, the smell of Dispatch in the morning.]
- Freddie and Me creator Mike Dawson, who also has an OGN titled Ace Face on the way from Adhouse, is back at the webcomics collective Act-I-Vate on February 17th with Jack and Max Escape from the End of Time.
- Picturebox Inc. extends its celebratory Yes We Can sale for another week, ’till February 8th. Highlights include Lauren Weinstein’s oversized The Goddess of War for $7.95, and the typically $95 Gary Panter marked down to $30. Take advantage now before inaugural hopes and unbelievable markdowns are dashed by the march of time.
- The Louvre moves into the 21st century with its exhibition “Small Design: The Louvre invites Comics.” Currently underway at the famous French museum, it includes live digital drawings and displays of both traditional comics and manga. Biff! Pow! Comics aren’t just for fine art philistines anymore!
- Eleanor Davis, at the tender age of just 25, was recently recognized with a 2009 Theodor Seuss Geisel (a.k.a. Dr. Seuss) Award for her Toon Books beginning reader graphic novel Stinky, about overcoming prejudice towards the differently monstrous.
- The Alternative Press Fair takes place in London on February 1st from 12 PM to 6 PM, with the added bonus of being free, free, free!