Feb 29, 2008
Categories: The Cross Hatch Dispatch
[Above, junior elf Eli Kochalka does Bone, with Steve Kamker on color. Below, the Best Dispatch Week Ever!]
- James Kochalka describes the result of reading Jeff Smith’s Bone to his son: It was pretty late at this point, maybe 9:00 at night so he was deliriously sleepy, and he was trying really hard to copy one of the drawings from the book exactly. He worked really hard on it and kept messing up until he was practically in tears. Finally, he did a version which he decided was successful.
- Portland Oregon’s student paper Vanguard talks to Charles Burns after his appearance at Powell’s bookstore.
- Dave Sims announces a new book on the “roots of the holocaust,” called Judenhass, which he will be debuting it at Small Press and Alternative Comics Expo (SPACE) in Columbus, Ohio, March 1st, and 2nd.
- Meanwhile, Heidi at the The Beat discusses her conflicting feelings about Dave Sims’ work.
- Exhaustive Alan Moore interview compendium.
David LaskyJosh Neufeld, author of A.D.: New Orleans After the Deluge, shows us around last weekend’s Alternative Media Expo in New Orleans.
- New York Magazine interviews Jeff Smith, and previews RASL.
- Greg McElhatton talks about the joys of the Mutts comic strip.
- Back in the day, being part of the Krazy Kat Klub meant lounging around in a treehouse.
- A very long list of beautiful concept art. Heidi’s warning went unheeded, of course.