Feb 22, 2008
Categories: The Cross Hatch Dispatch
[Above, a panel from Manga, a comic by Gilbert Hernandez that's hosted at Myspace. Below, the Dispatch would like to be your friend.]
- Check out Tom Neely and his Igloo Tornado compadres at Black Maria gallery in Los Angeles this Saturday. Neely will be showing six strips from his latest Comic Strip Poems series.
- It’s bring your teachers and librarians day at SPLAT! A Graphics Novel Symposium on March 15.
- Once again, The Funny Pages delivers with a brand new strip, this time by Jason, called Low Moon.
- The Wonder Con is this weekend, and The Beat has conveniantly rounded up the links.
- Hope Larson is a fan of MK Reed’s one panel comics.
- Get a preview of Ed Piskor’s Phreak. (via Newsarama)
- Read your friend Gilbert Hernandez’s new comic Manga on Myspace!
- Nick Magazine’s All Comics Special hit the stands earlier this month. It’s a feast of comics by “Dave Cooper, David Mazzucchelli, Bobby London, Kim Deitch, Michael Kupperman, Craig Thompson, Svetlana Chmakova, Mike Mignola, Klaus Janson, Hellen Jo, Jay Stephens, and many more.”
- Some crossover news bits: Shooting War gets optioned for a TV, and David Fincher to helm Black Hole.
- Does using the comics medium to teach German schoolchildren about the holocaust trivialize it? Maybe they haven’t heard of Maus?
- In that vein, Hitler the cartoonist.